Here you can discover some of the best chainsaws under $200 that are out there on the market today including gas, cordless and electric. When it comes to sawing wood or small trees around your yard, you want to make sure that you have something that is of great value, easy to use, and gets the job done. Now with that said, we have rounded up a few of the top-rated models around that are based on customer reviews and ratings. Check them out blew.
Check Out Our Top Picks
Best Chainsaws For Under $200
- 12-INCH CORDLESS ELECTRIC CHAINSAW - 40V MAX battery-powered chainsaw with extended runtime
- SMOOTH, FAST CUTS - OREGON low-kickback bar and chain for easy and efficient cutting
- TOOL-FREE CHAIN TENSIONING - Quickly and easily adjust chain tension
- ENHANCED SAFETY FEATURES - Front hand guard and lock-off button for increased safety
- 40V MAX INTERCHANGEABLE BATTERY - Part of the 40V MAX outdoor system
- Cordless chainsaw comes with low kick back 12-inch bar and chain for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- Compact, lightweight design (just 9 lbs. with battery) of the battery chainsaw for maximum user control
- High-efficiency brushless motor of the battery powered chainsaw maximizes runtime and motor life
- Up to 90 cuts per charge on 4x4 pressure treated wood (using a 20V MAX* 5Ah battery)
- Tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force
- 40V COMPACT CHAINSAW – perfect for homeowners and occasional users
- 12" BAR AND CHAIN – Low kickback safety chain with hand guard for added protection
- AUTOMATIC OILER - applies oil to bar and chain when needed to ensure durability and optimal use
- TOOL-LESS TENSIONING – for easy bar and chain maintenance
- EASY TO USE – electric start, no gas or fumes, no carburetor, no spark plug, and no starter rope
- HIGH OUTPUT CRAFTSMAN ENGINE with 16-INCH BAR & CHAIN: 42cc full crank Craftsman 2 cycle engine provides greater power and less vibration. Premium 16-Inch bar and low-kickback chain cuts through even the...
- LIGHTWEIGHT DURABLE POLY CHASSIS: Easy to Handle, lighter in weight, without sacrificing power. This polymer chassis is engineered for reliable performance and prolonged use, with minimal user fatigue.
- EASYSTART TECHNOLOGY: Designed for quicker, smoother and easier pull starts. Get right to work on lawn care, yard work, wood slicing, and other outdoor projects.
- ADJUSTABLE AUTO CHAIN OILER with EASY VIEW: Maintains the proper amount of lubricant on the chain and allows the user to manually increase or decrease oil flow, keeping the proper amount of lubricant on the...
- ERGONOMIC BALANCED DESIGN: 3-point anti-vibration system and a comfortable handle makes this chainsaw more balanced, maneuverable and comfortable to operate. Maintain command and comfortability for optimal...
- Part of the V20 cordless system
- Part of the versa-track wall organization system. Chain Pitch-3/8 inch
- High capacity 4. 0Ah Battery pack - for extended runtime
- Bubble Level - For precise and level cutting Auto Oiling - With tool free tensioning for minimal maintenance
- 12inches Compact design - for cutting in Small spaces
Electric Chainsaw Buying Guide
The best electric chainsaws have a lot of advantages over gas-powered ones. People like them because they are light, quiet, good for the environment, and easy to start. They also don’t take up much space. In some ways, electric chainsaws may be better than gas-powered chainsaws because they come in more sizes and have more power.
It can be hard to choose from so many options, but that can be bad. It’s hard to figure out how to pick the best electric chainsaw for your own needs. If you know a few important things, you can choose an electric chainsaw that can get the job done.
Either Corded Or Cordless is The Choice.
It might be the most important thing to think about when you buy an electric chainsaw is whether or not to get one that is corded or cordless.
Electric Chainsaws Have A Lot Of Advantages.
It’s very light (as little as five or six pounds)
There is no gas or oil to carry around.
It can be very cheap.
Simple: Plugin and push the button.
When noise could be a problem, it is quiet enough to use where it isn’t safe.
Top models can be cut as well as small and medium gas models.
Cons of a Corded Electric Chainsaw
Even though some electric corded models are made of plastic, there are also steel models. If you buy a high-end steel model, it may be more durable, but it will be heavier. As long as the device is more than 11 pounds and doesn’t run on gas or electricity, there can’t be much difference between the three.
When we talk about cords, we also need to say that they can get tangled, which can be both annoying and dangerous when you’re cutting wood with a chainsaw. Because there is a 15-amp maximum for home electrical sockets, you have to be a little more careful. A corded electric model can’t be taken more than 100 feet away from the power source because of a drop in power. This happens because there is a lot of power being lost through the cable.
Electric chainsaws that don’t need to be plugged in Pros
There is no gas, oil, or cord to carry around.
To start, connect the battery, then press and hold down on the trigger.
There will be no harmful emissions from the cars or trucks.
Cons of a cordless electric chainsaw
In general, cordless electric chainsaws tend to be heavier than their corded counterparts because they have a battery that needs to be charged. Most tools weigh 10 to 15 pounds. If you get one, you’ll have to pay this extra weight, and you’ll also likely have to pay more for the chainsaw itself. It costs more to buy cordless electrics than to buy many corded ones.
Another thing to note: Cordless models are usually less powerful than their corded counterparts. In most cases, cordless vacuums can only run for about 60 minutes or less. Even if you buy the most powerful (and expensive) models, this is usually the case. Cordless electric chainsaws can take a long time to charge, but the best ones can be charged in less than half an hour. This could be a good time to have an extra set of batteries, but batteries are pricey.
Features of an Electric Chainsaw
With no gas or oil to mix, an electric chainsaw is already a very easy tool to use. Manufacturers of high-quality cars, on the other hand, add extra features that make your life even easier.
Oiling system that does not need to be done by hand
While an electric chainsaw has few maintenance needs, it still needs to be oiled on a regular basis. A button can be pressed on some models in order to make this happen on their own. A system that automatically lubricates the chain is better, but it also makes the chain last longer.
The tool-free chain tensioner does not need any tools
In addition, the chain will need to be tightened from time to time, but not continuously. When you don’t need a tool to make changes, it is faster and easier than doing the job by hand.
The current limiter
Some electric chainsaws have current limiters that make sure your motor doesn’t get too hot if there’s a chance it could.
People who use electric chainsaws should be careful.
When you start your chainsaw, make sure that the chain brake is engaged so that it doesn’t move. When you use your chainsaw, always wear gloves and a face shield to keep your hands and face safe. Make sure you know where the cable is at all times if you’re using a model that has a cord at all times.
If the cord gets caught or gets tangled, stop the machine right away and don’t try to fix it. You don’t want to trip over or cut yourself on it. Make sure that the chain is properly stretched out.
You should never work with a chain that is worn or broken. If your extension cord gets hot, it doesn’t have the right amp rating, and you could burn out the motor. The best thing to do is to talk to an expert.
For many people, an electric chainsaw is the best thing to do. The gas models are more intimidating because they make a lot of noise and are heavier than electric models. As long as you aren’t cutting trees or logs all the time, electric saws are usually the best option. What’s more, there are so many electric chainsaws out there that there should be one that’s just right for you.
Last update on 2023-03-27